Our criteria for a good shaving soap…
- Easy to Lather: Using a good brush to gather up the soap and work it to a smooth lather is both a skill and a meditation for many men throughout history!
- Pre-shave softening: Natural glycerine in Valor plumps those hair follicles up, lifting them ready to sheared off.
- Glide Factor: creamy lather with a fine layer of creamy Kaolin, that prevents Razor Rash, caused by the razor dragging across the skins surface.
- Stimulating aroma and texture – It has got to feel AND smell good.
- Easy to wash off
- Leaves skin soft, nourished – never red or irritated.
- 100% Natural! 97% Organic. Your skin is your largest organ – (1.) The American Journal of Public health found skin absorbed 64% of contaminants in Water alone. (2.) Another study showed 100% absorption for synthetic fragrance. No toxic chemicals for your body or washing down the sink!
And of course, a sharp Razor is essential!
1. Brown et al. The role of skin absorption as a route of exposure for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in drinking water. Am J Public Health. 1984 May; 74(5): 479–484.
2. Kasting and Kretsos.Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2005;18:55-74